Blogger templates

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life Moves Pretty Fast...

John Hughes is dead. I heard about it in the news some time last year, but the reality of it really didn't register until I was watching the Academy Awards on Sunday night. The memorial montage and collection of actors from some of his best movies really brought it home that John Hughes is gone and it just won't be the same. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of my all time favorite movies. I went to the theater with my grandma when I was 7 to see Ferris, and believe me, I thought I was the shit. From the moment the movie started, it was love at first sight. I mean, how can you resist the ultimate cool kid who gets away with everything and does it in style? That's the genius of John Hughes- the characters are irresistible.  I would like to thank Ferris for helping me to see the true meaning of public high school: bullshit. Thank God I got outta there as a sophomore, lord knows what I'd be up to now!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails