Blogger templates

Friday, March 5, 2010

OSCAR GOLD: Red Carpet to Remember!

I have been watching the Academy Awards for as long as I can remember. When that fateful Sunday was approaching I would even go as far as to dress up a bit for school. I am a sucker for glamour and a lover of great movies. My mind works a bit like a filing cabinet: putting away the most interesting or influential bits of meaningless trivia to be used for later. So, when I think back on red carpet looks that made it into my memory banks, a lot of them were on the worst dressed list. But hey, I'm okay with that; because those people weren't afraid to take a risk and some of it really was avant garde. If it was me, I would be a red carpet risk taker. You only have one big night...you better make it count!
 
Geena Davis early 1990's

 
Barbara Streisand 1960's

 
 
Uma Thurman 2000's

 
The Gold Mastercard Dress created and worn by: Lizzy Gardiner 1994
 (This blew my mind as a 13 year old)


 
Madonna circa 1991

 
 Cher 1993

 

  
Bjork (if it makes you feel any better I thought this was totally darling) 2001

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on all these! Especially the Geena Davis look, I thought that was just glorious when I saw it! The people who criticize them are far too set in how things are "supposed" to be and what other people think. Their wouldn't be trends without trend setters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails