Blogger templates

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Gods Have Spoken

Well, this Greek fascination started a long time ago. When I was around 13 I was watching the show Fashion File, one of the collections that was getting a lot of attention that season was Jean Paul Gaultier. His closing bridal ensemble was modeled by Madonna and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It was amazing. The staging, the concept, and I loved that gold winged headband. Another one of those iconic pictures that crept into my subconscious to stay. Over the years I have had this image (below) on my bulletin board or in an inspiration file. I have moved 8 times in the last 12 years and I have managed to keep track of it. I guess it must be pretty important.

 Madonna with Jean Paul Gaultier 1994. She closed his show in Paris with this bridal number.
 Love the drama of this image. What's in that carriage??
 Turns out there was a fluffy white dog in the carriage. I loved the humor and the spectacle.
After all that inspiration the Greek Goddess Feathered Headband was born 16 years later!

Just recently I came across this: Alexander McQueen for Givenchy from the 1990's. All I can say is that this is just all kinds of WOW! It took it to the next level.

So, tonight when we take the kids trick-or-treating, I will be a Greek goddess.  I have even created a new amped up version of my headband for tonight. Let the fun begin. 

Happy Halloween!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails