Blogger templates

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Button-Button

About three years ago my Great Aunt Audrey died at the grand old age of 97. She was a sweet old lady, but we were never very close, I was only able to visit her twice in my life. She lived in Little Rock Arkansas, and amassed quite the collection of junk. My Mom, Grandma and extended family traveled from California to handle her estate and go through 97 years worth of stuff. It was a giant undertaking to say the least. If it hadn't been for my Mom's patience and pack rat affliction, every item in that house would have ended up in a dumpster. Turns out my aunt had some real gems among the garbage. I was lucky enough to "inherit" her life long button collection!  I had no idea what I was going to do with all those beautiful vintage buttons. And then a brain storm...




Can't stop....these are from my current collection:


Whew!
xoxo
Robin


1 comment:

  1. OMG!
    we need to talk. just purchased over 200 vintage costume earrings to convert to buttons.
    friday night. carousel.
    see you there?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails