Blogger templates

Sunday, November 22, 2009

As The World Falls Down

When the weather turns colder and rainy, it just seems the perfect time to watch "Labyrinth" the 1980's Jim Henson movie featuring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly. My kids love this movie and so do I. It's strange and very 80's but by far my favorite part is when Sarah is poisoned and enters a magical world encapsulated in a bubble. It's a masquerade ball and she of course is the princess. As she discovers it's all a trick she smashes the bubble and lands in a pile of junk. I love the contrast and the imagery






There's such a sad love
Deep in your eyes, a kind of pale jewel
Open and closed within your eyes
I'll place the sky within your eyes

There's such a fooled heart
Beating so fast in search of new dreams
A love that will last within your heart
I'll place the moon within your heart

CHORUS
As the pain sweeps through
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill has gone
Wasn't too much fun at all
But I'll be there for you-oo-oo
As the world falls down



I'll paint you mornings of gold
I'll spin you Valentine evenings
Though we're strangers till now
We're choosing the path between the stars
I'll leave my love between the stars

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails