Blogger templates

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Words of Wisdom

     I finally finished reading the Drew Barrymore interview from August's Elle Magazine, and I was pleasantly surprised. I do consider myself to be a fan of hers, but don't usually put much weight on what she has to say as a person. Well, this article kind of changed my mind. She addresses the  topics that I find endlessly conflicting, problematic, and fascinating. Like: "I'm thinking about the same things I was when I was 15, about spirituality and who I am, who I want to be. It's cocoon, pupa, larva, and fuck, I'm reborn!"
     Now that I am 30, (gasp) I find myself mulling over the same issues. A lot of looking back and asking, "Have I followed my dreams? Am I on my way? Am I doing the right thing? What's next?"
     Here are some of my favorite quotes from this interview:
     "I like a good strip club as much as the next guy. I wouldn't go there because I want to get in with the guys, but because I actually like it."
     "From my perspective, there's no reason to be afraid of aging, because if you age, you're lucky! The alternative is death."
      "The next 35 years are a chance at life. I wonder how it will go-what I will take, and what I will leave. It's fascinating."
     Well, that is something to think about....
xoxo
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails