Blogger templates

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Three Little Horses

As my birthday approaches, I find myself doing more and more traveling down memory lane. I suppose it's only natural to look back before you can go forward. I was reminded of a book that was read to me as a child: "The Three Little Horses" by Piet Worm. This was one of my favorites. It is as strange as it is beautiful. The story is fairly basic: a man named Peter encourages three horses to dress up as princesses so that they can go to the city and act as people do. Their disguises do not fool forever and they are put in jail for causing trouble. I'm having a hard time remembering all the details, but it does have a happy ending. At the time I had three little plastic horses appropriately named Brownie, Blacky, and Whitey; who were used for endless hours of pretending. I find myself wondering how much this has subconsciously influenced me...



xoxo
 Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails